Posted on December 06 2021
Words by Keane Fletcher
Seasons greetings everyone! With only a few weeks left of 2021 things have been crazy both here in the office and on the ground at our newly opened brick-and-mortar store. So much so we're bringing you new music on a Monday! And get ready folks, cause it's a good one!
Gold Coast based, Australian/British band, Greatest Hits have just dropped their latest EP Greatest Hits Volume Two, a vulnerable yet danceable throwback to the era of sunshine pop and 70's groove. To celebrate, we've got an exclusive 10 Things You Didn't Know About Greatest Hits just in case you're thinking of gifting them something for the silly season (insider tip: beer might be a bad choice). Check it out below!
10 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT GREATEST HITS:
- Chelsea is allergic to beerl
- None of them lived in Australia 2 years ago
- They have a side project called 'Greatest Fits', selling vintage clothing/wares.
- Chelsea and Henry only met the day before the first ever Greatest Hits show.
- Ryan paddles canoes for his day job
- Before doing music, Chelsea was training to be a stuntwoman
- Ryan’s yellow Hagstrom guitar was a custom build for Taylor York (Paramore), who gave it to Ryan when he was living in Nashville
- Henry skipped his other band’s rehearsal to come to the first Greatest Hits rehearsal
- Chelsea once got flown to Rwanda to sing for the President
- Chelsea is a brown belt in karate
Made up of songwriter/producer Ryan Cooper, Henry Chatham (bass), and Chelsea Foley (vocals/percussion), it's been a huge year for Greatest Hits, having hit the road for their own headline shows as well as supporting the likes of King Stingray, San Cisco, the Buoys and Donny Benet. And now we can also reveal the band has announced a handful of new shows scheduled for later this month as well as tour dates with Stumps, early next year:
Greatest Hits - Headline Shows
10 DEC - The Brightside, Brisbane, QLD
11 DEC - Coolangatta Hotel, Coolangatta, QLD
31 DEC - Solbar, Maroochydore, QLD
Greatest Hits - Supporting Stumps
14 JAN - The Crown & Anchor Hotel, Adelaide, SA
21 JAN - The Brightside, Brisbane, QLD
22 JAN - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, NSW
29 JAN - The Workers Club, Melbourne, VIC
I don't know about you, but that just about all my Christmas shopping done!
For more ticketing information go here, and don't forget to check out Greatest Hits Volume Two on all good streaming platforms now!
Thanks for stopping by Hipland!